The instructions below show how to easily add or change custom notification sounds on your Android phone. Step by step instructions and video tutorial.
- Download a ringtone from the site
- Transfer the sound from your computer
- How to set a notification sound in Settings
- Video tutorial
Download a ringtone from the site
If you liked the ringtone on the site and want to set it as the notification sound on your phone, download it to your phone simply by pressing the “Download ringtone” button. Than move it from the "Download" folder to the "Notifications" folder using the file manager. If there is no “Notifications” folder on your phone, create it.
- 1. Select notification sounds and download them to your cell phone.
- 2. Open your file manager.
- 3. Next open the "Download" folder.
- 4. Long press the music file to select it. Then tap on the three dots.
- 5. Tap on "Copy to..." or "Move to..."
- 6. Next open the "Notifications" folder.
- 7. Tap on "Copy" button to copy your music file to the "Notifications" folder.
- 8. Go to phone settings.
Transfer ringtone from your computer
If you downloaded a ringtone to your computer and want to set it as a notification sound on your phone, do the following:
- 1. Connect your phone to the computer.
- 2. Copy your file into the "Notifications" folder. If there is no “Notifications” folder on your phone, create it.
- 3. Go to phone settings.
How to set a notification sound in Settings
After following the above steps, your ringtone will appear in the list of notification sounds. Go to the phone settings and set it as described below:
- 1. Open your phone's Settings app.
- 2. Next, tap on "Sound".
- 3. Scroll down to "Notification sound".
- 4. Choose your ringtone and tap "OK".
- 5. Exit your settings.
Video instructions for installing custom notification sound on your Android phone.